In case you don´t know it yet, paella is the national food of Spain, it´s considered an UNESCO World Heritage and…You, need to try it! There is only one problem about the recipe to make this delicious dish and it´s that making a good one is not quite easy. But don´t worry, we are here to teach you how to make Spanish paella step by step:
Which paella do you like the most?
Before starting with the recipe, you need to knowwhich kind of paella you want to cook. On this blog we will show the original one, but there are many different ways of making it:
As we said, here we are going to learn how to cook the original recipe. Although there are many theories about it, everyone agrees that the authentic paella is the one from Valencia which means is the one that it´s made with chicken..
What ingredients are used to make paella?
80-90 ml Olive oil (1/3 of a cup)
Between 1000-1.200 grams of chicken (Chopped into small pieces)
500 grams of rabbit (Also chopped)
2-3 Garlic cloves
3 medium grated tomatoes
2 teaspoons of paprika (preferably sweet, but smoked could work as well)
1 pinch of saffron threads
Salt (Don´t be shy)
1.5 litters of chicken stock
250-300 grams of green beans
150 butter beans (garrafones or judiones in Spanish)
400 grams of short-grain rice (arroz bomba)
2-3 Artichoke (additional)
⏰Paella cooking time:
1 hour 15 mins
💪 Spanish Paella calories:
4/5 people maximum 7.7g
Easy steps to make paella 👨🍳
1) Put the paella pan to a medium heat and add salt and olive oil to it.
2) Add the chicken, rabbit or whatever you have to the pan and increase the heat. Leave it there for about 15-20 minutes until it looks dark brown
3)When the chicken is done, put it on the outsides of the center of the pan and add the green and butter beans to it. (This will need around3-4 minutes)
4) We are not big fans of artichoke on this recipe, but if you are, is your time to add them to the pan.
5) Lower the heat and add the garlic cloves for just 30 seconds or 1 minute (Don´t let them burn!)
6) Then place the sweet paprika and grated tomato and stir it all together for 2 minutes.
7) It´s time to add the chicken stock, and in case you don´t have, water or vegetables stock will be fine too.
8)Spread the saffron threads all over the pan.
9) Continue with one of the most important steps, adding the short-grain rice. You can stir it a little bit but not too much.
10)Once all the rice is evenly spread, you can just let it cook for about 10 minutes on the highest heat possible. Right after, lower it down and leave it for 5-7 minutes.
9) Last of all, many people like to cover the rice with foil and turn the heat to almost the minimum. Keep it that way for another 5 minutes and then let it cool.
10)Your rice is ready to serve. Enjoy the typical Spanish paella.
Other information you should know about paella
Congratulations! Now you know the best recipe for Spanish paella and you are more than ready to make it. Before or while you cook it, there is much more about this famous Spanish dish that you may not know about, and it could be helpful for the process.
Enjoy trying our easy Spanish paella recipe!
That´s all you need to know before making Spanish paella, as you have seen the recipe is not as simple as other Spanish foods, but if you follow each of the steps it will become very easy.
Hope you enjoy your delicious Spanish paella, and if you have any other question or suggestion, please let us know, we would love to answer it.
🥘 How to make authentic Spanish paella 【 Easy recipe! 】
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.