There are two main things you need to keep in mind when cooking a paella. The first one is cooking on an open fire, and the second one is having the right paella pan. If for any reason you can´t cook the paella on the outdoor, then your paella pan needs to be flat at the bottom (Traditional pans are round) so you can easily transfer the heat.
Today, we are going to tell you all the information you need to know before buying a paella pan for induction cooktop, we will also show you the best models and the pros and cons of using this type of pans.
Pans for induction hob offers in Amazon
There are like a million pans out there in the market to buy, but not all of them are correct for your kitchen. We have analyzed the best paella pans for induction hob, and we got surprised to see some very good quality/price models.
1) Guison 74032 (Ver Amazon)
We are going straight to the point to show you what is our favorite paella pan for induction stove you can find. It´s true that it can be a little bit pricey, but in our opinion is totally worth it.
When talking about its characteristics, the paella pan of the brand “Guison” only has 13 reviews, but with a great rate of 4 stars. It´s a 12.5 inches pan, which means that it´s able to serve between 5 and 6 people. The material of this induction cooktop paella pan is stainless steel (easy to clean, but less thermal conductivity)
Being honest, we believe it´s one of the best pans for induction, it won´t give you much work of maintenance, plus, the design is very nice and will fit perfectly on your kitchen.
- Well evaluated by the people who have bought it with a rate of 4 stars out of 5.
- It´s made of stainless steel, which is easier to clean and takes less work.
- You can use it on induction, but also in ceramic hob and firwood.
- It has a nice design to use it as decoration at your house.
- Only 13 people have rates it.
- Due to the fact that it´s a stainless steel induction paella pan, the thermal conductivity is not very good so not all the parts will heat equally.
2) Restaurantware (Ver Amazon)
Our second option is for the ones that don´t want to spend so much money on their induction compatible paella pan. It´s from the brand “Restaurantware” and it has 4.5 stars out of the 20 evaluations it has got.
There are quite a few things we like about this paella pan, the first one is that it can found in three different sizzes (8, 10 and 13 inches), which will allow you to choose, depending for how many people are you going to cook. This pan is also made of stainless steel and it´s very easy to clean, and in this case, it also has a textured lower part that avoids the food from sticking so much.
What we like the most is that it´s for sure an induction ready paella pan, and by that we mean that it distributes equally the heat through all the pan making sure that everything gets well cooked.
- You can find it in three different sizes (8,10 and 13 inches)
- The reviews written in Amazon are very good, plus, the rate is 4.5 stars out of 5.
- It has a textured lower area that prevents from sticking (Which not many paelleras has)
- It distributes the heat equally through all the pan.
- The price is much lower than the average of this product.
- There are not many rates about the pan
- As it happens with the first “paellera”, its material doesn´t conduct the heat as well as others
3) La ideal (Ver Amazon)
Our third and last option is the one from the brand “La ideal”, which by the way means “The ideal one” in Spanish…so it has be good! 😉. It´s even cheaper than the last two options and it can be used not only in induction, but also in electric, ceramic, gas and firewood.
The product itself is very new so it doesn´t have reviews, but on the other side it has a very good advantage, which is that it´s made of enameled steel…Harder to clean, but better thermal conductivity than stainless steel.
The size is about 14 inches (38cm) and that will allow you to cook for 6-7 people. It´s a great paella pan for an induction cooker.
- The biggest advantage is with no doubt, its price (Less than 40$)
- As it´s enameled steel, it has a higher thermal conductivity.
- It can be used in induction, electric, gas, ceramic and firwood…very complete!
- It doesn´t have reviews as it´s a very modern product.
- There is only one size to choose of.
Why should you buy an induction paella pan?
We are not going to lie to you, as we said at the beginning, the best way to cook paellas is on an open flare…somewhere outdoors. It´s how it has been done traditionally and it will make your recipe much more flavory. So, if you are able to do it, we recommend you seeing our Carbon steel paella pans (these are the best)
If it´s not the case don´t worry, because you can still make delicious paellas with an induction hob paella pan. The good thing is that they are much cleaner, and they don´t take much work to maintain it good conditions…plus, they can be used as a way to decorate your kitchen.
There are all kinds of models, some of them are expensive, but as we show you earlier, there are a few that don´t even cost 40$, so…It´s worth it!
✅ Advantages of paella pans for induction stove
👍 They don´t required so much work to maintain it and cleaning them is very easy. Some of them can even be cleaned in a dishwasher.
👍 Normally they have beautiful designs, so they can be used to decorate your kitchen.
👍 If you can´t cook outdoors, it´s a very nice solution that will make you be able to eat paellas on your weekends.
⛔ Disadvantages of induction hob paella pans
👎 The main problem is that generally they won´t make as good paellas as the ones cooked in open flares.
Our review of induction paella pans
That´s it! That´s all you need to know about cooking with paella pans on induction, about the best models and about everything related to this type of pans. As you have seen, they can be a very nice solution to make delicious paellas and their prices are acceptable.
As we said like a million times on the blog, we prefer cooking on an open flare, but we understand is not always possible and induction pans are perfect in these occasions.
Hope this article was useful, and if you have any other question or suggestion, please let us know!